Friday, June 24, 2011

Water bottle design rationale & feedback summary


Our aim for the project was to create a poster to stop the use of plastic bottles around the Riverina TAFE Institutes.


My original design concept was to create a poster of a women drinking out of a water bottle but instead of water coming out, oil and gunk would be coming out instead.  When questioned about this design concept I found that the design concept was to complex and it needed to be simplified. I came up with some Other ideas including a bottle shape filled with type, a tap dripping with facts in the 'drip' and serveral other ideas.  I still was not 100 % happy with my design. I came across a poster design for global warming in a magazine a fell in love with the design. I gained inspiration from this poster and wanted to create my own design using the shape of a bottle instead of the earth shape they used for their design. my early design for the poster was very similar and I thought it may breach copyright so I changed certain elements, colours and positioning. 


The feedback given of my final design concept was;

  •  to have a deeper meaning on the concept and learn how to speak about my design confidently.
  • Authors messahe Vs viewers message
  • That the white droplet cannot be seen from a long distance
  • It was noted that it was a good idea to bring up the issue of copyright with other people and finding the line of what is copying and what is getting inspiration.
  • the design has 60% form and 40% function
  • slightly missing the mark on message but a good piece overall




No comments:

Post a Comment