Saturday, June 25, 2011

Generating ideas

My idea for the design was to incorporate the female figure into the design so that straight away you were able to identify that it was something relating to females.
In the beginning of the design solution i wanted to have a script font to represent femininity but later discovered that i need a stronger typeface to portray the message that the gym is serious and committed about being healthy and loosing weight etc.
These are a few sketches I came up with in the design process...





















Next I came up with some illustrations on ideas elaborate from sketches.
















From these designs I got the opinions of partner, mother, friends and class mates on their opinions on what they thought of designs

The designs were narrowed down to these three designs below. Comments made about other logos was that the female figure on top left was that it reminded people of a beauty place and was much to sexy and sexual for a gym.
























As mentioned in above comment I used a script typeface to represent femininity through the design. When asking advice from Luke he mentioned that it was a good idea to use a bold strong typeface, as the colour and the female figure represent femininity .

This is my final design that i sent to Sharon that explains my design solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment