Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Magazine Page

In class we were asked to make a magazine article which had three objects tractor, gun and Roundup. This is what i came up with, which I'm not happy with at all and if i had it my way id try and change it but didn't get time .....





These are the question we ere asked about our work;
  1. What works? I like the white writing on the black background. Its simple yet effective and I like the font of the heading as it different from the usual fonts we tend to see and i believe it stands out and draws your attention to that article. The images really stand out because they are the only thing in colour, so we are draw in to those as well.
  2. what doesn't work? I believe the article itself does not 'fit' together, in a way the images take over all the text even the heading which could be a bad thing. The article is not eye catching, if I were to look at it in a magazine, id skip the page straight away. The images didn't fit together without stretching the image to line the three up equal.
  3. what are the difficulties you encountered with splitting the rectangle? I had alot of difficulties working on the layout of the article and where to put things. It was hard to work out equal balances where objects were to be placed.


No comments:

Post a Comment