Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Winter in Wagga Wagga - Logo Ideas

These are a few logo designs I came up with for the Winter in Wagga Wagga promotional piece.



I found it hard trying to represent Wagga in winter as things that you associate with winter such as skiing, snow men, snowflakes, snowboarding etc is not found in Wagga as it does not snow or reach temperatures cold enough to do winter sports like these.
When researching more into Wagga I thought of symbolic icons of Wagga such as Crows, Silver banksia and Colours. I had a play with incorporating these in the logo but none worked out well. Figure 4 shows an example of one of the logos that i liked but there was limited information on the silver Banksia being the emblem of Wagga so i decided not to go with this Logo.
I then decided that although Wagga has no mountains we do have plenty of hills and outside Wagga we have "the rock" so i decided to incorporate this into the Logo. Figure 1, 2, 3 and 6 all show this concept in different ways.
I wanted the logo to represent Winter, i decided to use colours to represent this. I used Kuler to help me come up with a colour combination. Figure 1 & 5 i used the theme winters pale light. Figure 2 & 3 i used winter fog: stowaway.

FEEDBACK: Feedback that was given in regards to my logos was that when shrunk in size some of the logos will not show 'in Wagga Wagga' so this will need to be taken into consideration as logos can be very small in size and this information needs to be seen clearly.
Figures 1 & 5 reminded some of another logo that had already been down from other compnays. I dont wont my logo to be confused with any other company so i decided to stay clear of these colours.

I decided going with Figure 2 as I found is was most appealing and I liked the combination of Colours and had a bit of personality to it. Not 100% sure about the W, I like it but then I don't. Will get a few opinions in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment